Lazy Man’s Peach Cobbler
This fast and easy dessert is so delicious that even your mother-in-law will be impressed. This is camp cooking at its finest, you can prep for it ahead of time and throw it on the fire while you are eating dinner ensuring a warm delicious dessert, just when you need it most. Prep time is a couple of minutes and cook time is between 30 and 45 minutes. Heck, this is so good it is almost health food!
- 1 – White Cake Mix
- 2 – 28oz Cans of Peaches (In Syrup)
- 3 – Eggs
- 1 Cup – Milk
- 1/2 Cup – Oil
- Get The Pit going, use wood or charcoal, but you will want enough coals to place under and on top of the Dutch Oven.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the contents of the cake mix, the eggs, the milk, and the oil…. mix to a smooth consistency.
- Prep the Dutch Oven….. Pro Tip Here – Coat the bottom of the oven in a good layer of oil and then line the inside of the oven with foil. this will prevent the peaches and syrup from burning to the oven it will also allow for a quick and easy clean up.
- Empty the contents of the 2 cans of peaches into the ready oven. Make sure to include the syrup, that is what makes this health food.
- Carefully pour the cake batter on top of the peaches, making sure that it does not mix with the peach layer below, you should have two distinct layers, a bottom layer of peaches and syrup and a top layer of cake batter.
- Pop the lid on and get the oven on top of The Pit. You want to stack coals under and on top of the Dutch oven, allowing the cobbler to cook evenly. You are looking for a temperature of about 350 degrees.
- Allow to cook for 30 to 45 minutes, rotating both the oven and the lid on the oven to allow even cooking.
- Lift and serve with ice cream.
Give this a try and let me know how it turns out.